targets is a package for R that analyzes and manages your workflow or analysis pipeline. It helps to save its users time by re-running outdated analysis steps only when needed.
targets is a part of rOpenSci.
targets can also help users build, visualize, and manage workflows from raw files to outputs.
- Allows you to automate your workflow
- You don’t need to press run on ten interrelated scripts. Just one
- You don’t need to keep track of which scripts to re-run, or in which order, after you make changes
- Allows you to thoroughly document the plan of your analysis
- Makes it easier to keep track of complex projects
- Can integrate with high performance computing
- It’s R-specific
A good source for info, examples, etc. for
targets is Will Landau’s The targets R Package User Manual